WHO ARE YOU?
You are a bright and creative GIS professional with a hands-on approach and technical skills and interested in contributing to humanitarian data needs.
You will work in a multidisciplinary team and will cooperate with international Red Cross staff. We therefore ask you to be able to come to our office in the Hague at least 1 day a week.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Your skills will contribute to optimizing our GIS work and to remote disaster support for delegates working in the field by:
- Making maps
- Prioritization based on analysis
- Extracting, Transforming and Loading Secondary data sets
- Creating web-map overviews
- Setting up (SQL/Postgis) database
- Maintaining the Geonode
- Plugin development QGIS
- Strong background in GIS (study background in GIMA, Geomatics or related field is preferred)
- Experience with GIS software such as QGIS and databases such as PostgreSQL
- Ability to work independently and with clear deadlines
- Experience with editing in OpenStreetMap through JOSM and ID-editor is preferred
This is a volunteer position for which:
- We ask you to come to our office in the Hague at least 1 day a week
- We reimburse travel costs
- You need your own laptop to work from
Please fill in the form below if you want to apply!