WHO ARE YOU?
You are enthusiastic, self-organizing and hands-on, and want to be part of a fast-growing and interdisciplinary humanitarian organization. You are also a fast learner, meaning you are willing to understand and implement the user needs of 510’s products and services.
WHAT DRIVES YOU?
You believe that clear, simple and consistent user interfaces are the key to convert data into understanding for the end user. Your interface design work will help 510 reach its purpose to support Aid workers working in National Red Cross Red Crescent Societies globally, so they can help as many people in the most efficient way possible.
You are interested in the possibilities of data and digital products for the humanitarian sector, and are eager to learn everything about how the 510’s products and services are created. You also know that, whilst fast-developing technology helps in reaching this objective, it’s complexity may also be difficult to design for. That is why you love to translate these concepts into understandable, informative and engaging interfaces that work in any language.
YOU ARE GREAT AT…
Collaborating with the Product Design Lead & HCD volunteers
- Generating Interface Designs for 510 & 121 Digital Products for 121.global & IBF
- Assisting in creating Prototype templates
- Assisting in creating UI style guides using Ionic 5
- Helping with the creation of our visual design libraries
- Creating Personas & User journeys
In short, you help the Product Design Lead to convert data into understanding for the end user.
Knowledge of the ins and outs of prototyping
- Knowledge of Azure & Adobe XD
- Good at working individually
- Good written knowledge of English
- Enjoys executing practical task as much as exploration work
- Knowledge of the Human Centred Design process
- Understand how Cultural meets design
- Front end development knowledge
You are currently studying a study at HBO (University of Applied Sciences) level in the fields of User Interface, User Experience or Digital Product Design, or have relevant studies in this field.
This is an internship position for which:
-We ask you to work at least 4 days a week (TUE WED & FRI in The Hague and 1 day from home)
-We pay you €300 a month (based on a fulltime work week)
-We reimburse travel costs
-You need your own laptop to work from
-We’d like you to start April 2020.
Please contact us through the form below if you are interested and want to know more.