WHO ARE YOU?
You are data literate, bright and creative, and have a hands-on mentality. You have strong technical skills and you love working in an international and interdisciplinary team.
WHAT DRIVES YOU?
You want to use your skillset to improve the speed, quality and cost-effectiveness of humanitarian aid. You want to do that with data and Geo-information system (GIS) methods and you have ideas on how to implement them.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will become part of the 510 team working on a project in Gaza. In this project we support our counterparts in Gaza Data Literacy, application development, data protection and advice on Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI). The work will focus on a literature study of possible ways of implementing an SDI and looking at the local context and current way of working. The study will be used for advice on how to best set up an SDI.
YOU ARE GREAT AT…
- Active listening to develop an understanding of the full picture of an issue
- Deconstructing a problem and systematically working through them to generate a comprehensive solution
- Researching possible solutions and testing your ideas with the client.
- Work independently, meaning you have an internal drive to work towards a solution and know when and where you can find help
- Translating possible solutions into a written advice
- Listening skills (hearing and understanding the exact need)
- Working knowledge of GIS tools and methods
- Experience on how to build a Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Research and writing skills
- Working independently
- High-level knowledge of English (working knowledge of Modern Standard Arabic would be a plus)
- Creativity to find a solution within a complex environment
- Using Spatial Data Infrastructures
- Database management
- Using ESRI software solutions
This is a volunteer position for which:
- We ask you to be available at least 4-8 hours a week
- You will need your own laptop to work from home
Due to COVID we currently do all our work from home through Microsoft Teams
For more information or to submit a half-page motivation and CV/LinkedIn profile, please contact our volunteer coordinator Liselot via firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!