WHO ARE YOU?
You are a bright and creative Data Scientist, with a hands-on approach and strong technical skills who is interested in contributing to humanitarian data needs in Ethiopia/Kenya/Uganda/Mali & The Philippines.
You will work from the Hague office but will be in contact with an international and multidisciplinary team, working closely together with the project leads. We therefore ask you to be able to come to our office at least 1 day a week.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Your work will help to translate data into understandable & actionable information for decision-making in humanitarian aid by:
- Collecting, cleaning & interpreting data
- Defining new processes for data collection & analysis
- Building databases & platforms
- Creating statistical and/or machine learning models
- Visualizing data with GIS techniques
- Background in econometrics, statistics, computer science, math or related field
- Experience with processing large data sets, either through SQL or through other platforms
- Experience with building statistical models and/or machine learning techniques in Python or R
- Experience with GIS software such as QGIS
- Strong analytical thinking
This is a volunteer position for which:
- We ask you to come to our office in the Hague at least 1 day a week
- We reimburse travel costs
- You need your own laptop to work from
Please fill in the form below if you want to apply!