WHO ARE YOU?
You are data literate, bright and creative, and have a hands-on mentality. You have a strong digital learning profile and you love working in an international and interdisciplinary team.
WHAT DRIVES YOU?
You want to use your skillset to improve the speed, quality and cost-effectiveness of humanitarian aid. You want to improve data literacy by creating and delivering high-quality digital learning resources.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will become part of a motivated team composed of volunteers, students and staff, that supports Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) National Societies all over the world. You will work closely together with GIS and remote sensing specialists, as well as data scientists and software developers in order to develop (and upload) training material. Your work will support the strengthening of data literacy across the RCRC Movement, which includes the skills, knowledge, attitudes, and social structures required for different populations to translate data to information.
YOU ARE GREAT AT…
- Translating complexity to understandable learning resources
- Having a curious mindset, centralizing your audience’s needs and not letting yourself be misled by assumptions on your audience
- Discovering knowledge gaps within an organization and with specific people
- Creating, preparing and rolling out a training package tailored to the needs of the audience and specific context
- High level of data literacy
- Listening skills (identify knowledge gaps, hearing and understanding what training needs are)
- Ability to empathize with audience and put yourself in their shoes
- Ability to explain ideas to others
- Strong intercultural communication skills
- Strong research, presentation and writing skills
- High-level knowledge of English (working knowledge of Modern Standard Arabic would be a plus)
- Creativity in designing a training package in a challenging remote environment
- Affinity with the humanitarian sector
- Developing digital training curricula
- Ideally working knowledge of Moodle or other e-learning environments
This is a Volunteer Position for which:
- We ask you to be available at least 4-8 hours a week
- You will need your own laptop to work from home
Due to COVID we currently do all our work from home through Microsoft Teams
For more information or to submit a half-page motivation and CV/LinkedIn profile, please contact our volunteer coordinator Liselot via firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!